Tuesday 14 September 2010

Dwarf Slayers of Karak-Zaul


Saul's birthday today and amongst his presents was this unit of twelve Dwarf Slayers I painted up for his WHFB army. I must confess that when GW first introduced the orange mohicaned beserkers into the Warhammer mythos I was not overly enamored. Indeed, along with chaos spikey bits and comic trolls, to me, they symbolised all that was wrong with the silly fantasy genre GW were creating. However whilst I still dislike chaos spikey bits and comic trolls, I have come to like the slayers.

The primary driver to this change of heart was the Gotrek and Felix books by William King which gave some useful insight into the slayer mentality and subsequently the Storm of Chaos campaign sourcebook (one of GW's best IMHO) with its Slayer Army of Karak Kadrin.

I'm not sure if we will go down the Slayer Army route (though that Goblin-Hewer looks fun...) but painting the models was very relaxing, working with a quite minimal palette. Hopefully they'll see some game time soon and carve huge holes in the enemy ranks!

No comments:

Post a Comment