Monday 20 September 2010

The Shadow Over Innsmouth


Back in July I mentioned that I'd picked up a copy of Strange Aeons and with it a couple of Uncle Mike's resin Deep Ones. I painted them up pretty quickly at the time but never quite finished the bases until the other day when I remembered them so here they are. A pretty minimalist approach to the painting but I'm happy enough with them (though I may put a green wash over the grey/black to give the clothing a more damp look).

The workbench is currently covered in "dipped" Russkis drying. I've painted up some more of the Plastic Soldier figures and had a go at converting a few so hopefully I'll be able to post photos of these by the end of the week. The conversions have turned out pretty good which is pleasing as I wasn't sure how versatile the largely one piece castings would be for converting.


Going forward though I need to refocus on some 2mm scenery for a (currently) top secret VSF mini-project and my 6mm WWI if I am to get Elan reissued on time.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, those are looking particularly eldritch! (My favourite Lovecraft adjective.....apart from gibbous...) :-)

    Not a pair I would want to meet in the middle of a sea fog on the shores of Innsmouth.

    Now, what's this about secret 2mm VSF projects - don't keep us in suspense!

    ReplyDelete