Sunday 14 July 2013

Building Wargame Terrain (and Gromberry)


The postie dropped off a nice surprise on Friday, a copy of Tony Harwood's Building Wargame Terrain which I've been enjoying reading in between some DIY jobs SWMBO found for me and watching England beat the Aussies in the first test. Obviously Tony's book is the most interesting topic, so we'll look at that!

I wasn't quite sure what I was going to get given this is a self-published affair but the quality is very good, 102 pages including the softcover, full colour throughout. 

The book is a step by step guide of a number of terrain projects Tony has undertaken with copious in progress photos and if you have read this blog you will know that he is a pretty dab hand at things.

I had assumed that by my advanced stage of life I knew most things when it came to making things for the wargames table out of card and polystrene but I was surprised by the amount of new techniques I have learnt just on one read through (the use of a broken tile is great). GW's old How To Make Wargames Terrain was my beloved bible for many years, Tony's Building Wargame Terrain is now my New Testament!

Overall, a must have for any wargamer, it is well worth the asking price (and postage...).


Gromit of the Day:

Gromberry

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Steve, your positive review means a lot to me.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete