Saturday 27 July 2013

Painting Target Broken (and Carosello)

Back on January 6th, faced with eighty white undercoated zombies, I wrote this: "I have posted in the right hand column my 2013 Painting Target for the year - one miniature for each day of the year. Obviously this doesn't mean one must be painted each day (otherwise I'm six down already!) but a target of at least 365 painted miniatures in 2013. I'm not differentiating between model sizes or scales so a cavalryman is the same as an infantryman which is the same as a tank (the only exception will be 6 or 10mm figures where one base will equate to one figure). We'll see how it goes..."

Well, you might have noticed on Tuesday that, with only 56% of the year gone, I passed that target!!!

I wasn't sure how this was going to go, after all I can recall years when painting would be lucky to hit double digits. Trying to put some paint on something each day (no matter how little and for how short a time) has certainly helped and it is a habit I would encourage others to try. I admit I haven't managed to pick up a paint brush every day this year, but so far I have most days and certainly once a week.

Of course a quick look at my New Years Resolutions has seen none of those attained so celebrations will be a tad muted pending a review of activity!

Gromit of the Day:

Carosello

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing your goal!

    Your advice on daily painting is one that I am trying to take to heart; now that the overtime at work is fading I might even be able to do so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Steve..I'll have to try that tactic myself!

    ReplyDelete