Saturday 5 October 2013

Ack! Ack! Ack!

Today has been university recce number two, though this time was only an eight mile trip to the University of the West of England.

However it still took most of the day and after a rather intense week at work and dad's taxi duties in the early hours of this morning I am bloody knackered (if you will excuse the French). So no painting this afternoon, just a snooze on the sofa!

I have though weakened on the Mars Attacks! front. I was always going to as I love the source material, though I am mentally steeling myself to be strong when it comes to stretch goals. The game itself appears to be based on Mantic's Deadzone and includes Martians, US infantry and some civilians. To be honest I really only want the Martians but hopefully the human types will be useful for other games as well including those with Zombies. Any extra humans can be sourced cheaper from elsewhere.

No doubt Mantic will tantilise me with lots of exciting looking stretch goal miniatures but unless it is something exceptional (and Martian) I am planning to resist. Things such as giant bugs are all well and good but again, if I do want a giant spider or whatever, I'm sure a cheap toy will do.


Just in case any of you are thinking "I remember Steve saying no new projects...", well all I can say is look below...

No comments:

Post a Comment