Friday 8 August 2014

Bolt Action: Stalingrad on the Yangtze

I weakened today and ordered a couple of books for the Kindle to investigate the Anti-Japanese War further and then see if I want to start it as a 28mm project. Rana Mitter's China's War with Japan should provide a decent overall account of the conflict, with Peter Harmsen's Shanghai 1937, Stalingrad on the Yangtze provide a more detailed snapshot of one campaign.


I also dug out the World at War Chinese Army Compendium, which, whilst written for Mongoose's defunct World at War rules, being designed for a platoon level game is very useful for other platoon level games like Bolt Action and Chain of Command. This really expands the ideas and armies beyond the one Warlord have released, being split into three parts (early, mid and late war) for the Nationalist army as well as including a Red Army Guerilla list. A lot of information and some great ideas in here, I had to restrain myself from planning various armies out here and now!


I did manage to return to the painting table at lunchtime and have made some good progress on some 20mm Hanomags and the ArcWorlde Jungle Gremlin Headhunters which I hope to finish tomorrow depending on orders from SWMBO!

No comments:

Post a Comment